Monday, October 3, 2011

2011-10-03

Today we did a survey for social media. I interviewed four people in the campus, and all of them are females. According to the interview, most females tend to have diarial hobbits. They prefer to write on different forms, such as blog and Twitter; most of them spend once or twice a week to write. In addition, Facebook is the most popular form of social media for them. Also, these girls usually do reflective writing once a week. In this case, there are several advantages that they have said. For example, Emma thinks that the reflective writing can helps a person to get perspective. Also, Amy says that it can help her to solve problems and not to hurt other people. In this interview, I find out that most males don’t like to write diary because I think they may not as emotional as females. There is another possible reason which is they don’t spend time on writing diary. In brief, this activity gave me a good experience to have chatter with native speakers. Even though many people were busy with their classes, there were still some people who were friendly to help me. Moreover, I think my pronunciation has some problems because there are few people who cannot understand what I have asked, and it makes me feel so embarrassed.   

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad, Olivia; maybe they were just hard of hearing! ;-)

    About males vs. females, though, if you only talked with females, how can you be so sure that males don't write diaries as often? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked at least five males, but all of them don't write diaries.

    ReplyDelete